Management of your school meals service
- performance management of staff, procurement, production and serving of meals, health and safety, and food safety.
- Provision of a menu to suit the needs of your pupils including analysis to ensure compliance with nutrient standards and school food regulations.
- Assistance with recruitment and selection – advertising, equal opportunities, compliance with legislation etc.
- Performance management – target setting, monitoring of work, daily supervision and support
- Provision of free on-site training – induction, food safety, health and safety (COSHH, manual handling), fire, government nutrient standards
- Provision of staff cover available through Starting Point, the council Suppliers
- Management of procurement processes – food, cleaning materials, equipment
- Process and payment of monthly invoices.
- Ensuring the quality of raw ingredients meets government regulations on school food.
- Use of local suppliers including free range and halal providers.
- Provision of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Health and safety
- Provision of work-place risk assessments.
- Management of annual inspections and servicing of equipment – gas, electrical, portable
- appliances, ventilation systems.
- Accident reporting and investigation.
- Annual maintenance of equipment and management of contracts.
- Maintenance of temperature probes.
- Preparation and monitoring of cleaning schedules and annual deep clean.
- Facilitation of mandatory food safety training.
- Completion and filing of food safety documentation to ensure due diligence.
- Management of contracts for the maintenance of pest control measures.
- Adherence to national recalls and bans on products.
The Council continues to give full support to the service. We continue to liaise with Headteachers to offer security of contract .
Increase flexibility on menu provision will continue into 2018.
Why choose us?
We are a committed team with vast experience of delivering and managing catering services to a high standard.
Your Regional Co-ordinator will build a strong relationship with you to deliver your bespoke service – discussing your needs, providing support, offering new ideas, and assisting you in promoting the service to parents.
You can save money on kitchen equipment and dining room furniture through council negotiated contracts – and schools are able to use the council’s Purchase Card System.
We manage cash collection and banking on your behalf.
We offer a kitchen planning consultancy service.
Our free ordering system uses coloured wrist bands to ensure children get the meal they want.
We promote a healthy eating ethos and work closely with Walsall Active Youth and other council and NHS partners who deliver healthy lifestyle activity.
We offer your pupils limitless vegetables, salad and fruit from the healthy eating bar.
We offer fresh vegetables as part of our menu provision.
We liaise with individual Headteachers and pupils to provide bespoke menus and service where appropriate.
Find out more
For an informal discussion about this service please contact:
Integrated Facilities Management
Walsall WS1 1TP
Telephone: 01922 652560