The Health & Safety team have many years experience of working with educational establishments and can help give you support and reassurance in what can be a challenging area.
Health & Safety Support
We provide comprehensive, guidance, advice and support on all health & safety issues; not least of which is support and reassurance if there is a serious incident in school.
In addition, we also provide a range of resources to meet the needs of our schools and customers including;
- Schools’ Safety Guides – executive summaries of the main Health & Safety issues facing schools
- Model Health & Safety policy. Bespoke policies can also be written on request
- Model risk assessments
- Accident forms and accident/incident reporting guidance
- Audit and self-audit questionnaires
- Classroom inspection checklist
- Governors’/SLT Health & Safety checklist
Fire Safety Support and Fire Risk Assessment
We offer advice and support on all aspects of fire safety and can undertake a fire risk assessment on your behalf. Apart from day-to-day advice, we also provide a consultancy service which includes advice on building alterations.
We can also provide a range of fire safety resources, including:
- Model Evacuation Plan
- Fire Log Book
- Fire safety awareness presenters pack – to enable you to run your own fire awareness training sessions
Radiation Protection Officer Service
For secondary schools that use radiation sources in their science labs, we can act as your radiation protection officer (RPO) and liaise with CLEAPSS radiation protection adviser (RPA) on your behalf to ensure you don’t fall foul of radiation legislation.
Health & Safety and Fire Training
We offer a full programme of training to enable Head Teachers and school leaders to meet their responsibilities. Course examples include:
- First aid at work, Emergency first aid, and Paediatric first aid
- Educational visits coordinator
- Risk assessment
- Accident reporting & investigation
- Asbestos awareness
- IOSH Managing Safely in Schools
- Fire Warden & Fire Awareness
- Bespoke training on request
Buying back the service
Council schools get all the above support, apart from training, free at the point of use.
Academies, voluntary aided and foundation schools can buy back the same support as council schools, safe in the knowledge that they’re getting expert advice, from specialists who understand schools and the challenges they face.
We offer options to buy back support for any of our services either or an annual basis or on a pay as you go basis. We are happy to consider multi-year contracts and contracts covering groups of schools. Discounts may be available when committing to longer term contracts.