We work with schools, NHS Services and the NCMP team to support referrals to our FREE Way4ward exercise advice and support service for children and young people aged 8-16. (Funded by Public Health and delivered by Walsall Council).
We support families within your school by running a Fun 4 Life weight management programme within your school.
Courses on offer
Suitable from year 4 upwards
- Healthy Lifestyles – includes one hour of physical activity and one hour of practical lifestyle advice weekly, covering topics such as making healthy choices when eating out, eating five a day and the ‘eat well plate’ concept.
- Skilz 4 Sport – includes a weekly one hour physical activity session aimed at improving the motor skills of young people and encouraging them to try new activities.
- Virtual Dance Instructor – a wide selection of work-outs, tuition and dance classes which can be tailored to different abilities and ages.
“Fun 4 life is very beneficial. It gives the children the incentive to eat healthily and by using goals and monitoring it also gives them something to look forward to and makes them feel like they belong to a fun club. The staff are brilliant with the kids and create a warm and friendly environment which makes them feel more comfortable”
(Parents attending the Fun 4 Life programme)
Fun 4 Life is a weight management programme that helps support young people and their families to make small changes that can make big differences to their help and happiness.
Why choose us?
We have a team of professional staff who specialise in delivering community and school-based lifestyle programmes.
All staff members are experienced at working with young people and are trained in strategies to help children and parents with healthy behaviours and weight management.
We deliver Fun 4 Life, a FREE weight management programme which benefits young people and their families who need support and advice to manage their weight. Includes 12 sessions of fun physical activity and advice on healthy behaviour as well as education for parents to ensure they can understand the changes needed to support their child.
(Funded by Public Health and delivered by Walsall Council).
Don’t take our word for it
81% of children taking part in the Healthy Lifestyles programme in 2010-11 had increased knowledge of healthy lifestyle behaviours
83% of the young people attending Fun 4 Life have controlled their weight (2008-10)
Sport and Physical Activity Awards
2009 (Fun 4 Life)
Fun 4 Life and Way 4ward programmes operate on a referral basis and are free of charge. The Walsall Active Youth Team can also work with your staff to set up a referral pathway within your school.
Programmes are usually delivered within a term however we can be flexible to accommodate the needs of your school.
- Healthy Lifestyles programme £1,700 for a ten week course for up to 30 children. Additional costs for schools with 2 or 3 form intakes.
- Skilz 4 Sport programme £1,000 for a ten week course for up to 20 children.
- Virtual Dance Instructor programme £1,000 for a ten week course for up to 60 children
Prices for larger groups on application, call us to discuss your needs.
Find out more
For an informal discussion about this service please contact: